Broomhead & Saul solicitors are proud to announce a new Covid-19-safe kerbside law service.
This appointment only service was launched to meet the unprecedented demand for the services of an independent solicitor to undertake a variety of basic legal formalities for members of the public and businesses based in the Somerset area.
As far as we are aware, we are the only law firm in the country to introduce this service.
Our Park Up Law Service offers the following essential legal services:
- Swearing affidavits
- Making statutory declarations
- Certifying copy documents
- Witnessing signatures
- Confirming identity
The Park Up Law Service is available by appointment on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons.
These legal services will be administered by a solicitor standing on the kerbside next to the parking bay opposite our Head Office at No. 10 Hammet Street, Taunton, TA1 1RZ or, if it is raining, from our front door porch at No 10. Hammet Street.
To book and appointment:
- Call us on 01823 288121
- Email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org Terms and conditions apply
Terms & Conditions of the Service
- As these kerbside legal services need to be undertaken by an independent solicitor acting in an official capacity as an officer of the Senior Courts, it is necessary to make an additional charge to compensate this firm for the solicitor’s time involved in setting up and attending the appointment, complying the Covid-19 safety protocols and in completing the contact tracing registration, over and above any statutorily prescribed swear fee. In the interests of facilitating access to legal services, we are subsidising these fees as they are based on an hourly charge rate that is significantly less than that normally charged for a solicitor’s time.
- Our Park UP Law Service is available to members of the public who are able to drive (or be driven) and park immediately opposite our Head Office at 10 Hammet Street, Taunton, TA1 3AX. Our services will be delivered through the car window from the pavement and / or the front porch in inclement weather. Pedestrian’s are also able to access these services from our porch.
- Customers; not clients. Members of the public using these service are generally referred to us by other law firms seeking an independent law firm to officiate the legal service for their client(s) and so it would be inappropriate for this firm to treat these visitors as the firm’s clients (although we would be delighted to advise on or represent them on an unconnected matter). Accordingly our we cannot not provide or offer any legal advice to visiting customers.
- In the interests of Covid-19-safety, we ask visiting customers to wear face masks during the proceedings.
- For contact-tracing purposes, we would be obliged if every visiting customer would complete a register. Your details will not be disclosed to third parties nor used for marketing.
- We shall endeavour to conduct the legal services with as much discretion as is possible in all the circumstances but there is a limit to the privacy that can be achieved when doing so in a public place. If, due to circumstances beyond our control, it is not possible to discharge the service with sufficient discretion, we will refund the fee immediately and without any reservation.
A track record of innovation
In May 2020 Broomhead & Saul was the first law firm in the country to administer the execution of a self-isolating client’s Will using video conferencing technology. Our ground-breaking legal research persuaded the government to pass emergency legislation to amend the Wills Act 1837 to sanction the use of online audio-video technology to witness a will in safety and to do so with retrospective effect.