We are delighted to announce an exciting opportunity for a solicitor to join our Private Client Team based at our Taunton and Ilminster offices.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and dynamic with a minimum of 3 years PQE.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a qualified Solicitor, your roles will be varied and will primarily consist of the following:
- Liaising with new and existing clients in person and remotely by video, phone, email & letter.
- Administration of Estates work
- Estate planning and preparing and drafting Wills
- Video witnessing of Wills (training provided)
- Advising and preparing Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Maintaining accurate records on our Case Management System
- Keeping client and members of the Private Client team up to date with case progress
- Actively promoting the firm and its range of services
- Helping us find new ways of improving our client services
- WPA NHS top-up benefit
- 4x Death in service benefit
- 4 weeks paid holiday + bank holidays
- Continued professional development & training
Knowledge & Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Excellent IT Skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A willingness to think outside the box
We invest in our people
Broomhead & Saul foster a learning and development culture and as such the ideal applicant will have a genuine interest in learning and acquiring new skills and knowledge to deliver excellent client service in a fast evolving legal services market.
At Broomhead & Saul we have been providing first rate legal services to our personal and business clients since 1895. We operate from two offices in the Taunton and Ilminster town centres and we offer a full range of legal services including advice in Children and Family law, Residential Property, Wills, Powers of Attorneys, Probate & Estates and Commercial Law and Litigation and dispute resolution.
Our firm is at an exciting stage of transition that will enable us to offer an increasingly wide range of cutting edge, accessible yet affordable legal services, nationally.
In 2020 we were the first law firm to respond proactively to the Covid 19 pandemic by administering the nation’s first remotely witnessed Will for a self-isolating client using video technology. We then followed this up by initiating a highly successful snap law reform campaign that persuaded the government to sanction this practice retrospectively passing the Wills Act 1837 (Electronic Communications) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Order 2020. We were also the first law firm to incept a Park Up Law Service outside our offices for members of the public seeking routine but urgent legal services.
We employ around 19 individuals, including solicitors, legal executives, licensed conveyancers, paralegals, and administrators. Every member of our team is a specialist in their own particular field.
Don’t lose out on this opportunity
Join us in our exciting journey.
Please send a CV and covering letter.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary negotiable dependent upon experience.