We are pleased to announce another an exciting opportunity in our Private Client team based at our Taunton and Ilminster offices.
This is a rare career opportunity for an experienced solicitor who is keen to progress his or her career.
Roles & Responsibilities
We are looking for a STEP accredited solicitor, with a wide range of experience in legal practice, ultimately with a view to heading up our private client team when the present head of department retires.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate that he or she has what it takes to promote and develop this side of our practice. You will need to demonstrate, over and above your professional experience, that you are an effective team manager and that you also possess the personal drive and imagination to develop our flourishing private client practice.
- Managing a team of estate administrators and Will writers
- Administration of estates work, estate planning, trusts and complex Will writing
- Liaising with IFA’s and accountants, as necessary
- Managing the video witnessing of English Wills for our expat clientele (training provided)
- Managing the team responsible for the production of Lasting Powers of Attorney and standard Will writing and remote witnessing services for our domestic and foreign domiciled clients
- Responsibility for the migration of our private client case management to a new improved CMS
- Constantly developing innovative precedents and processes to improve the efficiency and standard of our client care to our private clientele generally
- Liaising with our IT and business developers to modernise the private client department’s client on boarding and after care services
- Actively promoting the firm and its range of services
- Finding new ways of improving our client services
- Full time post
- A competitive salary, where the amount sought is no bar for the right candidate.
- WPA NHS top-up benefit
- 4x Death in service benefit
- 4 weeks paid holiday + bank holidays
- Continued professional development & training
Knowledge & Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- STEP accreditation, achieved or in progress
- A willingness to think innovatively
- Experienced and expertise in trusts and estate planning
- Cross-border wealth planning and Wills expertise is desirable but a willingness to develop new expertise and to expand the department’s services is essential
- Video conferencing skills essential
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Excellent IT Skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
- Excellent communication and people skills
We invest in our people
Broomhead & Saul foster a learning and development culture and as such the ideal applicant will have a genuine interest in learning and acquiring new skills and knowledge to deliver excellent client service in a fast evolving legal services market.
At Broomhead & Saul we have been providing first rate legal services to our personal and business clients since 1895. We operate from two offices in the Taunton and Ilminster town centres and we offer a full range of legal services including advice in Children and Family law, Residential Property, Wills, Powers of Attorneys, Probate & Estates and Commercial Law and Litigation and dispute resolution.
Our firm is at an exciting stage of transition that will enable us to offer an increasingly wide range of cutting edge, accessible yet affordable legal services, nationally.
In 2020 we were the first law firm to respond proactively to the Covid 19 pandemic by administering the nation’s first remotely witnessed Will for a self-isolating client using video technology. We then followed this up by initiating a highly successful snap law reform campaign that persuaded the government to sanction this practice retrospectively passing the Wills Act 1837 (Electronic Communications) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Order 2020.
We were also the first law firm to incept a Park Up Law Service outside our offices for members of the public seeking routine but urgent legal services.
We are constantly seeking to find ways of improving our private client service.
Every member of our team is a specialist in their own particular field.
Don’t lose out on this opportunity
Join us in our exciting journey.
Please send your CV and a covering letter.