Our formal complaints procedure

If your lawyer or other principal contact at this firm is unable to resolve the issue to your satisfaction or even if you just feel awkward about raising your concerns with that person, then you can make a formal complaint by contacting our complaints officer:

Richard James, Broomhead & Saul solicitors, 10 Hammet Street, Taunton, TA1 1RZ


Phone: 01823 288121


  • We will acknowledge your formal complaint within 2 working days.
  • We will then investigate your complaint.
  • We will aim to report back to you within 4 weeks of our acknowledgement.  If we anticipate that this will take longer then we will notify you as soon as possible within this period, indicating an alternative timescale.

If you remain dissatisfied then you can either contact the Legal Ombudsman or the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

What to do if we Cannot Resolve your Complaint

The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

  • Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint and
  • No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
  • No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them.

Contact details

Visit: www.legalombudsman.org.uk

Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 to 17.00.

Email: enquiries@legalombudsman.org.uk

Write: Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.